World United Global Family

Thank you, for logging in. Enjoy your time with us.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you, for logging in. Enjoy your time with us.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to World United Global Family, we are a enjoyable, Friendly community of Free Chat Rooms site where you can socialize and connect for Free with other users on the globe.

Welcome To Global Family´s New Forums Nice To See You Here. Enjoy Your Stay With Us. Join us @ http://globalfamilyworldunited.weebly.com.

2 posters

Is masturbation a sin?

Poll

Do you think that Church's should mention this to their youth group or Sunday school class at the junior high level so young adults do not feel guilty, or not know that masturbation is not a sin?

[ 2 ]
    Is masturbation a sin? Bar_left100%Is masturbation a sin? Bar_right [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Is masturbation a sin? Bar_left0%Is masturbation a sin? Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 2
    Poll closed
    Baseball Brat
    Baseball Brat
    Kid's Chat Admin
    Kid's Chat Admin

Membership Points : 10136
    Reputation Level : 0

Is masturbation a sin? Empty Is masturbation a sin?

Post by Baseball Brat Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:47 pm

Today in our church youth group, as we finished talking about Palm Sunday, during questions some one asked if masturbation was considered a sin. We were told the Bible does not say anything specifically about masturbation.  But here is what we found when we looked up some things in the Bible.

There is one Bible passage that has sometimes been interpreted as a condemnation of masturbation:
    Then Judah said to Onan, "Lie with your brother's wife and fulfill your duty to her as a brother-in-law to produce offspring for your brother." But Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so whenever he lay with his brother's wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from producing offspring for his brother. What he did was wicked in the LORD's sight; so he put him to death also. (NIV, Genesis 38:8-10)
    What Onan did was not masturbation, but a form of birth control known as coitus interruptus. Onan's actual sin was probably his resistance to the Old Testament custom of providing offspring for his deceased brother by impregnating his widow. However a parallel is sometimes drawn between Onan's act and the wasting of the semen that occurs when males masturbate.

So the answer would be no, although some denominations may frown or discourage it, they also have to take into account young people my age, younger, and older do it because of the increasing hormonal changes we got going on in our body, and as long as we are not obsessed with it, and it does not discourage healthy relationships with other people of the opposite sex.

This is a questions I know some kids my age may want to ask, if they are religious, but maybe afraid to ask, or too embarrassed, so I thought I would sahre with everyone my age, or younger what I found out.

Also I put a poll in here too if you want to answer it, if you think that Church's should mention this to their youth group or Sunday school class at the junior high level so young adults do not feel guilty, or not know this is not a sin?    
    Cameron F. Schmidt
    Chat Mod
    Chat Mod

Membership Points : 10091
    Reputation Level : 0

Is masturbation a sin? Empty Re: Is masturbation a sin?

Post by Cameron F. Schmidt Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:01 am

From what I know, Masturbation in the Roman Catholic Church and Lutheran Church is a sin although I do think that this should be waived until you have reached 21.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:28 am